I can't help it. I'm a worst-case-scenario type of person. Not a pessimist per se but at least a realist. Is it so wrong to expect the worst and be emotionally prepared for it and then be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't go wrong? Considering more then half the women I've talked to about their birthing experiences have had unexpected complications that led to C-sections or other interventions, you can see why I have a hard time believing that my own experience will be textbook and uncomplicated. I am trying to visualize my ideal birth experience and pray about it often, but it would be foolish to think that I'll get what I want. These things can't be controlled. All I can do is prepare and wait.
My first NST went just fine. They want to see 3 heart rate increases (aka, baby movement) over 20-30 mins of monitoring. And she performed like a champ though I think she was sleeping most of the time. She usually moves around a lot more then that. Her amniotic fluid looks good as does her position. It is her foot that is constantly trying to poke out my side and is occasionally in my rib cage. I think she has shifted down a little bit so that is good, less time in my rib cage. I'm walking 2 miles on the treadmill everyday now so I'm hoping that encourages her into position and gets the ball rolling to get the labor thing started in another week or two. I've picked up a box of raspberry leaf tea which is something Native Americans have long used for women for menstrual relief and for labor/delivery as it is said to soften the uterus. I won't start drinking that till probably 38 weeks, I still feel like 3 1/2 weeks early is too early to be born.
With that said, a friend of mine that was due the day after me had an emergency C-section. It is a little weird to see pictures of her because she is at the exact stage of development as my daughter but she is on the outside and mine is still on the inside.
We don't have a growth ultrasound scheduled so there really is no way to know her length and weight. I just know she was 3.5 pounds at 30 weeks. I guess if we go over our due date, then we may get another ultrasound. We will see. So its weekly appointments and lots of waiting for the next 3 weeks. I am excited. I am enjoying this time of quiet and just spending uninterrupted time with Eric. Soon and very soon, we will hold our daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment