So now what? Four weeks till estimated due date, one week till I'm considered full term. She is head down, belly button is popping, she is kicking me in the ribs (esp at night), and my tummy often has "corners" from her pushing on me. I am eating smaller meals but eating frequently. Tomorrow is my first NST (non-stress test). They will do just a quick ultra sound to check on fluids and visually confirm that she is head down. Exercise is getting harder as I seem to get a runners cramp type pain in my side sometimes but I will continue to try to do my walking. I don't feel like I'm getting a lot out of my yoga routine at the moment. But I will continue to do my squats, keigles, and other stretches. We need to step up practicing our relaxation techniques. I still have books to read and I will go to my first La Leche League meeting this Tuesday morning.
The rest of the time is just waiting. Waiting to start effacing, waiting to start dilating, waiting for her to drop lower. If I hadn't left my job when I did I would have all sorts of stuff to keep me busy this month, but darned if I haven't done it all already! So I will rest as much as the little munchkin will let me and take care of the last things that need to be done. Eric is convinced she is going to come early, I'm just hoping not too early. As of today, weight gain is about 36 pounds, so pretty normal. Lets hope and pray things stay normal!
How was La Leche?
ReplyDeleteKeep up the exercising! It will definitely help all the way through the process!
Good Luck!
LLL was OK. There was one other mom and the leader. The leaders 5 year old was all over the place and making a lot of noise and a big mess of the room. And the leader let him. Oh well, that's her parenting choice. Otherwise, besides the distraction, it was good. They say normally more like 6-8 in attendance. It was snowing lightly so that could have been a reason. Thanks!
ReplyDelete