Had some good news from the doctor today. We have 3 weeks left till our due date and things are finally starting to show some progress. Nothing that says she'll be here super soon but progress nonetheless. The doctor did show some concern about how big the baby seems to be, bigger then she would expect at 37 weeks I guess. We now will have a growth ultra sound next Monday (unless she arrives before then) to check on her weight. Otherwise all fluids, heart rate, and everything are good.
Life has been interesting for the last couple of days. My husband twisted his ankle really bad on Friday when he was playing basketball at church with a bunch of young kids. Swelling is down but he still has a lot of pain. We finally made the investment and bought him a cane. This ankle thing happens at least 2 times a year. The last time warranted a trip to the doctor. This time he was sure it was just twisted and not broken. So the 9 month pregnant lady has been taking out the garbage, doing the dishes, carrying in groceries, and trying to keep the house clean. Maybe that's whats been encouraging the labor progress, it would make sense. Its also making me pretty tired.
I myself have something resembling turf toe on my left foot. Painful but not swollen. Haven't been able to do my walking on the treadmill in a couple of days. Will probably try again Wednesday and see if I can make it through the 2 miles or not. All I can do is try. Walking is good for getting the baby to drop even lower and good overall for blood circulation and stuff. But if it causes me pain, I shouldn't do it. I continue to do other exercise as well.
The girls are taking over! Including our little girl, I know of 5 girls that have been born or are due to be born in the next couple of months. And not a single boy :) That's just kind of fun!
Eric is betting on birth date being Jan 26th... that would be 4 years to the day that we first met. Wonder if he will be right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment