Monday, June 6, 2016

Run inspirations and balance





I have a file on my computer just called Run Inspirations. When I need a little boost of encouragement I open up that file and just start reading through. If I'm struggling with some aspect of the run (rain, pain, bad run, discouragement, ect) I google that thing and come up with some more to add to the file. It also helps me to remember that everyone struggles with different things that keep them from their goal. The leg pain has been a bad one for me. I'm seeing my second PT tonight in hopes that they can fix me so I can run when and how I want to. The guy I'm seeing had spoken at a running store clinic and introduced himself by saying "I fix broken runners"so I am looking forward to being fixed :) I've only been running once a week for the last couple of weeks. Filling the other workouts in with elliptical and stationary biking or PiYo. Taking rest days to do laundry or have play dates too.

Work out wise I've felt pretty balanced. But I'm not balanced. And that was evidenced by the fact that Ellie stopped napping again. I may be a runner and thats important but I'm a mama to a 2 year old too. And that two year old needs to run! Even if it is around and around in circles at the playground. I realized that I couldn't remember our last playdate. Or the last time she saw kids outside the daycare at the gym. Mama guilt. Big time. I was putting on my running shoes and Ellie saw me. I told her I was going to go running with friends " Ellie run with friends too?", I think she misses our stroller runs with our friends. So we are going to start working on being more balanced. Usually after a workout we'd get an errand or two done and then head home for lunch, giving her no time to burn off her energy. And making me quite frazzled and exhausted as I try to manage my child through the store without a tantrum. Errands can be done later, park time (as long as its dry) now comes first.

We just got done with a weekend of really bad sleep. She was napping but not sleeping well at night. Be it nightmare, teething (molars), or sleep walking, we didn't get a lot of sleep saturday or Sunday. Whatever it was resolved itself and last night was uneventful. Thank God. This week we have play time scheduled with family and friends so I am hoping for better naps and better nights sleep.

I am getting new shoes at the end of the month as my running shoes may actually be contributing to the shin pain I've had for months now. I've officially registered for my 10k for Aug 21st, currently running 4 miles. Very slowly increasing distance so I do get injured further. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment