This blog has now had 5555 page views, just thought that was cool enough to mention.
Anyhow, found myself irritated at Target tonight. I'm usually pretty happy about selection and stuff there, its my primary shopping store for a lot of things. We thought we'd finally get Ellie a package of underwear to really start potty training. Slim selection for starters but the shows she really likes, Thomas the Tank Engine, Batman and Superman and snoopy characters, those were only available in boys. The girls consisted of Disney Princess or Frozen or some other cable channel kids show that she doesn't watch. There was exactly 1 package of generic Hanes girls underwear on the display and it was 2 sizes too big. We almost got the mini mouse ones but they were pricey and I was irritated so we left with nothing for her. Now to hunt for something better and not gender bias. If she wants to wear Thomas or Superman underwear why can't she? Why is that marketed only in boys style? What about Thomas the tank engine says that only boys watch that show or that girls don't love super heros too? I'm surprised there wasn't star wars either, but if there had been, probably would have been boys style too.
Rant over.
I lamented the same when buying Claire's! I near decided to just give up and give her brother's used ones. But, I knew if they were HERS alone, she might take more interest. I bought the generic Hanes ones you speak of. And Claire currently wears them OVER her diapers. Hah. "Not yet," says Claire.
ReplyDelete