Thursday, January 28, 2016

Milestone

Just last week, this blog passed 5000 views. Wowsers! I think that is mostly due to posting the link to FB since just 2 or 3 actual follow it. And many of those views are because we lost a baby. How many people friended me on FB just because I lost a baby? Quite a few. Like they want to keep tabs on me now that disaster has struck? Who knows but in my grumpier moments, those are things I think.

Purging is the name of the game right now. I am desperately trying to get rid of the baby stuff in this house. Its just a sad reminder now that I'll never have another baby to use those things with again. Better to sell it off or give it away to someone who will use it. We plan to use/save the money for Ellie for when we get into a house and we can get her a water/sand table and also put her in a park district class too.

We are also desperately trying to save money again. I've gotten back to tracking expenses and couponing (to a lesser degree) and making trips to Sams/Costco to buy some of our staple items in bulk to save money. But the bigger and harder thing to do is to cut our misc spending. And that is largely my doing. Running clothes/accessories are always a temptation, buying random things for Ellie that she might not really need, eating out, over spending on gifts... these things really take their toll. Reigning myself in and sticking to a shopping list is hard. Not going out somedays is hard (esp in the winter) but in just a few weeks I can already see that I am spending less money. We were able to move some money to savings this week but not as much as I would have like. A bonus check will pay Eric's last school bill and hopefully a little bit of the cost for the new tires for the car. Before the big move comes we really need to crack down on the budget. Its just so much harder to do now with a 2 year old and 1 income. But the medical bills should slow down to a trickle. I am expecting another bill or two from the infertility doctor and then it should be quiet for a while unless someone gets sick or hurt. Praying against that!

We know there is a church interested in hiring Eric but we have no idea where it is or when they might call. But it still gives us hope that his career change is still just around the corner and we just have to wait for God's timing. But the waiting is also the hardest part.

My next post will be for Ellie's 2nd birthday. My colicky little baby is going to be 2! Its so hard to believe just how big she really is. I love every moment with her, even when she woke me up at 5 this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment