Ellie really likes her routines. She doesn't realize it but I never get her out of bed before 7am even if she is awake. The exception is if she is sick or for some reason is screaming bloody murder. But normally she plays happily in the dark with her stuffed animals and musical puppy until I finish my devotional time and go and get her. We have our breakfast, varies from day to day but her mealtime vocabulary is very good. We've started sharing a peeled orange in the mornings sometimes too. Today before naptime she thanked God for fruit, oranges, and strawberries. And of course, her grandparents. They always come first in the list. :)
After breakfast has been cleaned up, I unknowingly created another routine. I've dubbed it "couch time". Its the 30-60 mins that she lays back on me on the couch, both of us covered in a blanket and watch curious george and/or cat in the hat. Depending on the plans for the morning, it may be longer or shorter. Anyway, it gives me some time to rest before the day really begins (since I can't have coffee) and as a bonus, my little girl is totally ok with cuddling with mommy. The other day, I tried to get her to try to use the potty before we sat down and she very adamantly insisted on "couch". Everyday I realize that someday, probably soon, she is going to grow out of that routine. And I will miss her warm little body just resting against mine. I won't be able to tighten my arms around her like I do 100 times during couch time, or kiss the top of her head just because I can. Because she will be up and running and learning and making a mess and all those things 2 year olds do. Same thing with our bedtime routine. She likes to be held while we sing and pray. This too she will grow out of.
So I will enjoy every moment of babiness that I have with her. She is growing and getting smarter every day. She frustrates me to no end some days and other days are more or less, good days. She will be 2 next month and I know we have a lot of trials ahead of us. She is still missing 3 teeth plus her two year molars. Not looking forward to that. The picky eating has been in full force for a couple of months now. Right now we are on an upswing and she will eat at least some dinner most nights. Anyway, I'll wait until she turns two and she's had her 2 year check up at the doctors to report on the rest of her development.
2016 should be an interesting year. Eric is officially in the second half of his internship which is the last leg of his coursework for his Lay Ministry certification. Its been quite a journey with him in school part time for the last 2 years. He could conceivably be called to work in an LCMS church pretty much anywhere. We are hoping it will be to a place that we can afford to buy a home. But also some place that we are still within decent driving distance to see our families. Basically a lay minister is the senior pastors right hand man. It is often described as a deacon position but its actually a different certification. He will not be ordained. He cannot be a lead pastor. But he will be qualified to fill a great many positions under the pastor that a church may need. He will always find opportunity to use his graphic design skills as well.
We are still hoping to have another healthy pregnancy. We feel very confident that we will! We are praying hard and expecting a miracle. And until we have answers on that, my running has been put on hold. I'm not a huge fan of treadmill running so I've tapered off a bit anyway, we shall see how the year pans out.
But for now I still need to pack up the Christmas tree while the wee one naps and enjoy the quiet while I have it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment