Sunday, August 31, 2014

This and that and cute pictures

My daughter is the cutest thing ever, just sayin'
 Working on her core strength. She did this consistently for a couple of days and then stopped doing it
 
She rarely tolerates sitting up. She can hold it for maybe a minute before toppling over. I think she doesn't like it because she can't move!

All frills this morning for church

If she is quiet, she is getting into trouble!

Park day with my friends and Ellie's friends
Updates on other things:

1. My outpatient surgery for the cyst removal/biopsy is Sept 18th
2. Ellie is happily gobbling down all sorts of food and is starting to feel heavier in my arms
3. Ellie is in the beginning stages of learning the army crawl. She gets aggravated pretty quickly but she can move a couple of inches towards something she really wants to get her mouth on... like my phone
4. Eric continues on in his studies in his lay ministry course, last paper received another 100% (proof-read by yours truly)
5. We have plans to visit Concordia Seminary in St. Louis in November
6. Our growing family will (if things go according to plan) be looking at upgrading both our main car and our apartment in the coming winter/spring
7. Ellie will be 7 months this week

Infertility is hard. Even saying that just doesn't do justice to just how hard it really is every.single.month. I've recently joined a Christ-centered Facebook group for women struggling with infertility (of all kinds) and have really been blessed and encouraged by these genuine women. And I believe I have in turn blessed some of them as well. Emotions there are raw, deep, and totally understood by all those in it. I have never met any of them and I probably never will but as I journey with these women I feel closer to them then some women I've known my whole life but are on a different journey. If one good thing (besides my children) can come out of this mess is that I can help someone else get through it then maybe I can start seeing God's purpose in it.

Speaking of things that are hard. Relationships are hard. Friendships are getting harder and harder to maintain. If it weren't for Facebook, I'm not sure I'd know a blasted thing that's been going on with anyone. I have a mommy group that I love going to every week. But the numbers there have been dwindling. The mamas just don't have time or the baby is sick, they are moving, its during nap time, all valid reasons I guess. I've even missed one or two because Ellie wasn't feeling well or my inlaws were visiting. "Group" based relationships are hard to maintain. "One-on-one" based relationships (or family-on-family) are hard to do as well. Why? No one has time. No one can be spontaneous for a last minute invite to picnic or play games or just hang out. We just have some much on the schedule all the time that if you don't send out an evite 2 months in advance no one will come to hang out. Why does everything take priority over friendships?

That said... I do understand, at least in part. People work, mostly 40 hour weeks. People put their family first (as they should). People need time to just unwind and do nothing. I get that too. So where does that leave developing deep and lasting friendships? It seems our culture is hell-bent on keeping us from forming those relationships after a certain age has been reached. I guess all of this is just me wishing for friendships on a deeper level then Facebook.

This was longer then I intended but hey, it is what it is. Its real.

No comments:

Post a Comment