Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Our 4th of July weekend

Lots of pictures to share from this long holiday weekend. We are trying to not spend a ton of money right now so we kept things pretty low key. We took some time Saturday to walk around a local farmers market and visit some small shops. Selfie came out pretty good.


Sunday our church was finishing a series they called "Bod 4 God" that was pretty good at tying physical fitness in with serving God and being the best you can be. They arranged for an early Sunday morning 5k through the neighborhood. I'm still getting my endurance back and struggling with reoccuring shin splints so I did NOT try to run the whole thing. Plus I was running with Ellie in my new Bob stroller. Running with resistance, up hills, while injured and out of shape... yeah it was hard. I followed my training plan, then doubled back to switch strollers with Eric who had been walking with Tyler. 


Today was the actual 4th of July. Eric and I both started the day with a short run (not together) and then packed up for our first 4th of July parade as a family of 4. Tyler actually did great. I picked him up from sleeping when the sirens got close and just cuddled him, shielding his ears as best I could. He didn't cry once or need to comfort nurse. It was pretty hot and we were thankful for our semi shady spot. Lot of candy was collected.



Had to get a picture of our chubby babies!



These girls were pros at collecting the loot.


Mom had to work today but Dad and Vince still made it to the parade.


When all was said and done, this boy was pooped from all the activity.


Saved these for last. This is ellie and her best friend Hannah from 2014, 2015, and this year. Love the progression!



No comments:

Post a Comment