10 months on the couch. Well, not literally. But I did 0 exercise during my pregnancy. Not even yoga, no extensive walking. I was just too scared. Towards the end I was just so big, and he was just so low that even walking around the store was a challenge. So now I'm back in my running shoes. Even with a couple of weeks of YMCA work outs, core and leg strengthening, my body was not prepared for my first run in 10 months last weekend. Oh.My.Word. Sore doesn't even begin to describe it. I am radically changing my running form so that, on top of my wimpy leg muscles, turned me into a hobbling, miserable mess for a few days. That first run was 4 days ago and ankle muscles are still store. Yesterday I ran a mile on the treadmill and focused on fewer form changes and that helped a little with consistent steps. Plus no inclines and the treadmill regulating my speed. Only stopped to walk 2-3 times. Since yesterday I've had a sharp, sharp pain in my knee. My hamstrings were bad yesterday but better today thanks to the foam roller. The knee is worrisome. Could be "runners knee" or just my body trying to get back into shape. Either way, stairs are very hard to do, esp since I'm carrying a 13.5 pound baby plus carrier when I'm on them. Ice today didn't seem to help. Hoping all these aches and pains go away soon and I can get my running groove back.
I am working a lot on my core strength. Doing panks everyday, up to a minute now which is pretty good for me. Leg raises and sit ups too. So much more I could do if I had time. The tiny humans make home workouts very hard to do. Loving the YMCA and the daycare that is included. Tyler has slept through every time I've left him. Someday I'm sure he will wake up while there and when he doesn't stop crying, they will come get me. For now I will enjoy the break from the kiddos and do something good for me. Still about 15ish pounds to lose!





No comments:
Post a Comment