Tuesday, February 3, 2015

She's ONE!

My how time flies. One year ago today I was holding my newborn baby for the very first time. Super Bowl Sunday last year started with a scare. I was 39 weeks pregnant and in the early morning I discovered I was bleeding. I called labor and delivery and was told I had to come in and get checked out. Little did I know that just after the bleeding my water broke and there was already evidence that the baby was in distress. I was admitted to the hospital by 6am, by 1pm, still no labor. So the interventions started, not at all what I wanted but what could I do? Baby wasn't coming. By 12am the next day things really went downhill and at 12:47am on 2/3/14 they delivered, via C-section, my beautiful 9 pound 19'' long baby girl. And she was a handful! But beautiful and most importantly, healthy. 4 days later we brought her home on a 0 degree day and then the REAL fun began.

Ahhh, memory lane. I can only hope and pray that I'm granted the opportunity to  go through it all again someday. This year has been amazing, beautiful, sleep deprived, happy, frustrating, educational, and surprising. Ellie will take up to 4 steps on her own when she so desires to cooperate. She is getting much better at standing. She is working on cutting tooth #7 today. She is eating a lot table food and probably a few things she shouldn't (thanks to Eric!) but is doing well with everything but eggs. We have an appointment to see an allergist next week to find out what is going on with that and see if it is an allergy. She loves giving her stuff animals hugs, loves playing with mom and dad, has switched over to whole milk without a problem, sleeps through the night (finally!) and pretty much goes to sleep pretty easily as long as she is in her bed or in the car. If she is with people she will NOT sleep and sometimes takes just one nap a day if the schedule is off.  Eric has taught her how to kick  and throw a ball and she loves doing it. She loves pounding on her baby piano and blowing on her kazoo. She is an angel to take shopping and I love taking her out just because she makes sooo many people smile. She brings so much joy to the world! She is an amazing, walking, babbling, energetic, little bundle of perfection and I love her so, so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment