OK, so I'm technically at the nine month mark on Sunday. Close enough for me. I am suffering today from a very badly pulled calf muscle. Just before 7 this morning I stretched out in bed apparently incorrectly cause I immediately got the worse Charlie horse in my life in my right calf. I couldn't move, couldn't breath normally, finally got to sit up and tried to massage the rock hard muscle without much success. It finally relaxed after a few mins of not moving but the damage had been done. I swear I thought the muscle was actually going to tear. I'm walking with a horrible limp and the heating pad and continued massages is not really making a difference. Wouldn't be so bad except that Eric's Christmas party for work is tonight and we have to drive into the city. Great, 9 months pregnant and limping like I have a sprained ankle. We don't have to go but I WANT to go. Its Gibson's steakhouse after all! Yum! I've really been looking forward to it.
We took our last class at the hospital last night. This was the breastfeeding one and I did learn a lot. I borrowed a book from a friend to read through as well. In Jan I hope to attend a La Leche meeting. Still looking for a good pediatrician, hope to find one that is flexible with the vaccination schedule.
Otherwise things are looking good. Got Christmas celebrations 1, 2, 3, and 4 set up for next week. amazing how much more complicated Christmas gets when you get married! All the 3 showers are done and we will be ordering the rest of our Amazon registry items (mostly the cloth diapers) after the new year. We were blessed to receive a number of gift cards to help offset our cost for buying those.
Nursery is still in a state of disaster. Some of it needs Eric's help but a lot of it I'm just procrastinating doing. One more load of clothes to wash and then to pre-wash all the cloth diapers. Still need to get a drying rack for those too. It seems so surreal that I am going to have an infant in my arms in as little as 7 weeks. And this one will be mine! Eric and I are practicing our relaxation techniques and I've started doing exercises more earnestly (like squats and keagels). I can only hope its enough to get through labor without pain meds. Edward Hospital is very mother/baby focused, no denying that. But they don't seem to be very natural birth friendly. A friend just told me that 90% of women who birth at Edward receive an epidural. That's insane. I just hope we end up with a good experience and not a bad one. Otherwise future babies may be born elsewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment