Saturday, August 24, 2013

The more things change...

...The more they stay the same. I remember back when Eric and I had been married for just 9 months. I remember saying to him, if we had gotten pregnant on our wedding night, we would be having a baby right now. And his reaction was typical "you would  have been pregnant this whole time?" That I think was the first time he realized just how long it really takes to grow a little human being. So here we are, 4 months in, 5 (ok 6)  months to go. I started off with that quote because it does seem like everything is changing but nothing is changing except maybe my waist line. We talk a lot about what we are going to do, we pick up things at garage sales, we look at paint colors, I watch my weight on the scale, and I look forward to my next appointment where I will once again be able to hear my baby's heart beat.

Now that I am at week 16, my bump is becoming quite obvious if I'm wearing a tighter fitting shirt. I've long since given up on my jeans and now can only wear maternity pants. In 4 weeks (Sept 20th) we will learn the gender of our baby and will share that information. We have decided to keep our names for the baby secret until the birth. Everyone knows about the pregnancy now and its still a bit weird to not be keeping it a secret anymore. And to be honest, I still feel anxiety. Not sure that is ever going to go away, at least not until I'm holding baby Gradberg in my arms.

Physically, I am feeling pretty good. Growing a little human is tiring stuff and I still very often take a nap after work and on the weekends. I have pain/stiffness in my lower back and have a hard time getting off the floor from a squat without my knees crying out in pain. But that's par for the course. So I try not to complain too much. I am anxious to start feeling Baby Gradberg move. Anytime between now and the next 4 weeks is when I should start feeling him. They say thinner women often can feel the movements earlier so I am hoping that will be true for me.

My mom is already busy planning the baby shower for the family since it will fall around the holidays and she wants to do it earlier then later. I've known too many babies to come early that I don't want to wait for my showers to be in January. Esp with IVF they tend to predict early labor and I have to have a test done every 4 weeks to ensure that isn't happening. Bed rest may be a real possibility if things start happening to early. I am also looking forward to leaving my job! Somedays I just want to throw in the towel and just walk out on them. But I'm too responsible for that. We need my income for as long as we have it. Getting another job at this point would be fairly impossible and I don't want to have to be on my feet anyway.

So that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment