Saturday, June 29, 2013

ok... so its been a while

I am a terrible blogger. So much has happened in the last couple of months that I've hardly been able to process it all much less write about it.

A few months ago we suffered our first miscarriage. I don't know that I've ever felt a pain like that in my life. All of our efforts (and money), the best medical science had to offer, and I still couldn't carry a pregnancy. I was 4 weeks along so the baby wasn't even a blob on the ultrasound screen yet. No D&C was needed. But the emotional recovery still took time. I still prefer not to talk about it a lot. What's past is past. I choose not to dwell on it. We are not giving up on having a child. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. No matter how scary it is. I bought a wall plaque on vacation that simply says "Let your Faith be bigger then your Fear" and it serves as my daily reminder to not let fear govern my life and my decisions. Perfect love drives out fear. I still often feel afraid and unsure of myself and every time I do, I have to give it all over to God again. And God is good, all the time. I tell myself that often too.

My family moved into an extended stay hotel about 6 weeks ago so Eric and I have our home back. I'm glad we were able to help for as long as we did. That was quite the experience. But I'm glad to have our privacy and our regular routines back.

We also resigned our lease on our apartment for another year. We bid on two houses this year and both bids were rejected. The housing market has rather quickly become a sellers market and interest rates are now rising. As are the prices of the homes. With unexpected medical expenses (Eric's MRI on his shoulder), car repairs earlier this year, and now the start of paying for classes for Eric (Lay ministry program), it just doesn't seem wise to buy a home. We are not as financially stable as we hoped we be right now and once the program is done for Eric in 2.5 years, he could very well be called to a church no where near here and we would have to pack up and leave. We may never buy a home in Dupage county. We may never buy a home period. Whatever God's plan is we surrender to it and trust him to lead us down the roads he has prepared for us.

Eric's shoulder is sprained, not torn like we feared. He needs several weeks of PT but should be good as new soon. Eric left for 3 days this week to take to introductory class for the Lay Ministry Program out of Concordia Wisconsin. The rest of the course work will be done online so he can continue to work full-time. Its going to make for a very full schedule for him and some of his other activities are going to have to take a backseat for now.

Work for me is busy as usual. Its been a humid and stormy start to summer and AC units just don't like that. But thankfully, no more widespread flooding.

Thats it for now folks

No comments:

Post a Comment