I've had some pretty terrible headaches in the last couple of weeks. Basically my stress level has been through the roof and I've been trying to quit drinking coffee (for the third time now in almost 2 years). Stupidly, I was also trying to wear contacts at the same time. Migraine City. Something needed to change. So I started doing yoga again (trying to do at least 3 days a week) for the stress, switched to Green Tea (caffeinated but not as much as coffee), and went to the eye doctor and am actually getting my prescription updated.
My stress level is high for all the reasons you can imagine considering our current situation. The financial burden, the risk factor, the physical toll of medications, and the impending life change. 2013 should be a year filled with all the things we've ever wanted. A child and a home. There is the chance that 2013 will give us neither of those things. Money is the biggest factor and time is not necessarily on our side. In the end, having a child is more important then having a house. And we go forward with those priorities set.
When the headaches start (stress) I take a moment and do as my mother advised. I run bible verses through my mind that remind me to trust in God and pray. My favorite one is from Philippians "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition and with thanksgiving make your requests known to God. And the God of peace, which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus." And another, I think its in Proverbs "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." And then I pray for God's will to be done, I thank God for all that he has already given us and surrender the future to him. And then like magic, the headache is gone.
I hope and pray that all your hopes and dreams for 2013 happen for you and that God richly blesses you. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment